iMpulse Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iMpulsify your mobile!
Get it on Google Play
Be iMpulsive!
free forum

free forum

Gamepad HID firmware teaser!!!

2 posters

Go down

Gamepad HID firmware teaser!!! Empty Gamepad HID firmware teaser!!!

Post by Admin Tue 1 Oct - 13:13

Hi guys!!

Looks like BPM just released this teaser trailer for the upcoming firmware upgrade which should improve DRAMATICALLY games compatibility.

Getting excited??

Admin
Admin

https://impulselounge.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Gamepad HID firmware teaser!!! Empty Re: Gamepad HID firmware teaser!!!

Post by MidKnightBlue Wed 2 Oct - 0:21

Looks great, excellent response time. Granny Smith is all about timing so good game choice.
Will the updated firmware be exclusively useful to Android users, or will it improve things across the board?

MidKnightBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 2 Oct - 0:59

Hi MidnightBlue!

It most probably will improve things A LOT - like day and night - across all OS'ses supporting Gamepad HID bluetooth profiles.

Namingly Android, Linux, OSX and Windows.

Right now, if you connect the iMpulse on any of these OSes, it is seen as a simple keyboard that only has the up, down, left and right arrows + A, M, V, W, U keys.
That's why people have to manually map those "letters" within the emulator if it allows it, or using an app like Android's GameKeyboard.
Right now, not a single game labeled as "controller compatible" works with the iMpulse. (They might, but that's because they also support keyboards)
Once it is upgraded with the new firmware, they'll be seen as real gamepads and work seemingly. -- As long as they dont require 2 thumbsticks. --

Even though they do have bluetooth support, older/lesser OSes like webOS, Bada and the like might not support this newer profile but I really dont see this as a problem.

iOS 6 is sterile and will still need that Blutrol BS. iOS 7 has its own controller profile/certification. Which is not 100% clear at the moment; more to come on the next keynote. OEMs will most likely need to licence their hardware and firmwares. (Guess what? It won't be cheap.)

The best is yet to come!!

Admin
Admin

https://impulselounge.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MidKnightBlue Wed 2 Oct - 1:46

I was so disappointed with Blutrol. I specifically purchased it after my iMpulse arrived only to find out it wouldn't work with my iphone 5.
Overall, this is very good news, though I do wish we had a better outlook for iOS devices. Still, it'll make things a lot easier on my Nexus. Cheers for the answers!

MidKnightBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum